Dividend Stocks Analysis Checklist
There is a need for a dividend stocks analysis checklist that goes beyond basic questions such as “Is the company profitable?” but provide an in-depth dividend checklist that is reasonable in length.
I trust you will find the following analysis checklist for dividend stocks to be comprehensive yet focused on the most important questions and metrics.
The dividend stocks analysis checklist is divided into 4 sections: Company Analysis, Dividend Safety, Profitability & Growth, and Valuation.
Company Analysis Checklist:
1. How does the company make money?
2. What need is the company meeting? In other words, what is its story?
3. Does the industry of the company fit into your asset allocation mix?
Dividend Safety Analysis Checklist:
4. What is the Dividend Per Share, Price, and Yield?
5. What is the Dividend Payout Ratio?
6. What is the 10 Year Dividend Per Share Growth?
7. How much Cash From Operations per share does the company produce?
8. What is the Cash From Operations Dividend Coverage Ratio? Calculation: CFO per share / Dividend Per Share
9. How much Free Cash Flow per share does the company generate?
10. What is the Free Cash Flow Dividend Coverage Ratio? Calculation: FCF Per Share / Dividend Per Share
11. What is the Financial Debt to EBITDA Ratio?
12. What is the company NET Financial Debt?
13. What is the company Total Assets?
14. What is the Net Financial Debt to Total Assets Ratio?
15. What is the Total Liabilities to Total Assets Ratio?
16. What is the Piotroski F-Score? (9 metrics)
Profitability & Growth Checklist:
17. What is the 10 Year *CAGR of Revenues?
18. What is the 10 Year CAGR of Earnings Per Share From Continuing Operations?
19. What is the 10 Year CAGR of Cash From Operations?
20. What is the Operating Earnings Yield?
21. What is the Net Income?
21. What is the company Gross Profits ?
22. What is the company’s Gross Profitability Ratio (Gross Profits to Total Assets)? (profitability and efficiency ratio)
23. What is the company’s Cash Return on Invested Capital (CROIC)(ttm)?
24. What is the company’s Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) (1 yr, 5 yr., & 10 yr. Median)?
*CAGR = Compounded Annual Growth Rate
Dividend Stocks Valuation Analysis Checklist:
24. What is the Free Cash Flow Yield?
25. How do company Earnings Before Interest & Taxes (EBIT) compare to Enterprise Value (EV/EBIT)?
26. How does Earnings Before Interest Taxes Depreciation & Amortization (EBITDA) compare to Enterprise Value (EV/EBITDA)?
27. What is the PE10?
28. What is the Price to Sales Ratio?
27. What is the Price to Earnings Ratio (P/E)?
28. What is the Price to Book Value Ratio?
29. What is the Price to Earnings Ratio (P/E) (ttm)?
This Dividend Stocks Analysis Checklist provides a great foundation for evaluating dividend stocks and comparing between different opportunities.
Feel free to look through the Dividend Value Builder Content Page to discover, evaluate and compare dividend stocks without emotional bias.